Delete an Atlas Account¶
To delete your Atlas account, you must ensure that you have no:
- Outstanding invoices
- Active clusters
This document walks you through deleting your Atlas account.
Delete All Projects¶
To delete a project for an organization:
- You must either have the
Ownerrole for the project or have the
Organization Ownerrole for the project's organization.
- The project must have no outstanding invoices.
- The project must have no active clusters.
Check Project Invoices¶
To learn how to view your project's invoices, see View or Download Your Invoices.
Terminate All Clusters¶
Terminating a cluster also deletes any backup snapshots for that cluster. See Snapshot Schedule.
To terminate an Atlas cluster:
Navigate to the Clusters page for your project.¶
- If it is not already displayed, select the organization that contains your desired project from the Organizations menu in the navigation bar.
- If it is not already displayed, select your desired project from the Projects menu in the navigation bar.
- If the Clusters page is not already displayed, click Clusters in the sidebar.
Click next to the cluster you want to terminate.¶
Atlas executes the terminate operation after completing any in-progress deployment changes.
Delete a Project¶
You can delete a project for an organization either from the organization's Projects view or the project's Project Setting view:
Delete All Organizations¶
To delete an organization, you must have
Organization Owner role for the organization.
You cannot delete an organization that has active projects. You must delete the organization's projects before you can delete the organization.
Navigate to the Settings page for your organization.¶
- If it is not already displayed, select your desired organization from the Organizations menu in the navigation bar.
- Click the Organization Settings icon next to the Organizations menu.
In the General Settings tab, click Delete.¶
This displays the Delete Organization dialog.
Click Delete Organization to confirm.¶
Email Atlas Support to Finalize Deletion Process¶
Once you delete all active clusters, projects, and organizations, you will no longer be billed for any Atlas activity and will no longer receive Atlas alerts.
To finalize the deletion process, send an email with the subject line Request for Atlas Account Deletion to the Atlas support team at: email@example.com.
For security purposes, you must send the email from the same email address associated with the Atlas account you want to delete.
You cannot reuse the email address that is associated with the deleted account to create a new Atlas account.