Configure a Global Cluster¶
This section covers enabling Global Writes on an Atlas cluster.
- Atlas supports enabling Global Writes when deploying an
M30or greater sharded cluster.
- Once deployed, you cannot convert a Global Cluster to a standard sharded cluster. Thoroughly familiarize yourself with the Global Clusters Overview and Reference Documentation before creating a Global Cluster.
- If this is the first dedicated paid cluster for the selected region or regions and you plan on creating one or more VPC peering connections, review VPC Peering Connections before continuing.
Enable Global Writes for your cluster.¶
- In the Create New Cluster dialog, click Global Cluster Configuration to expand the section.
- Toggle Enable Global Writes (M30 and Up) to On to display the Global Cluster configuration.
Select your preferred cloud provider.¶
Each cloud provider has a selection of global regions to which Atlas can deploy a zone. The choice of cloud provider may support or constrict your ability to deploy a zone to specific geographic locations. The configuration options available and the cost for running the cluster may also vary depending on cloud provider selection.
Configure your Global Cluster Zones.¶
Atlas provides three options for configuring your Global Cluster zones:
- Configure Global Writes Zones Using a Template
- Configure a Global Writes Single Region Zone
- Configure a Global Writes Multi Region Zone
Select the appropriate tab based on how you would like to configure your Global Cluster zones.