Create an Atlas Account¶
Estimated completion time: 5 minutes
You can register for an Atlas account using your Google Account or an email address.
To register with and log in to Atlas, you can use one of the following options:
- Your Google account
- Your email account
If your company uses Configure Federated Authentication, you must use your company email address.
If you register with your Google Account, the following differences apply when using your Google account with Atlas:
- Google manages your user details, email address, and password. You can't change this information using the Atlas console or API .
- Google manages your 2FA . You can't use Atlas two factor authentication and won't be prompted for an Atlas 2FA verification when you log into Atlas. Google should verify your identity using Google 2-Step Verification.
- Google creates a new Atlas account if you change your Google
Account email address. Ask your
Organization Owneror MongoDB Support to link this new account with your existing organizations and projects.
- If you linked your Atlas account to your Google Account, you can unlink these accounts in Atlas.
MongoDB Cloud Manager Users¶
If you use MongoDB Cloud Manager, use your Cloud Manager credentials to log in to Atlas. You can then create a new Atlas project from Cloud Manager.
Register a new Atlas Account¶
Start at the MongoDB Atlas registration page.
- Click Sign up with Google.
Enter one of the following identifiers for your Google account:
- your Gmail or Google Apps email address
- the phone number associated with your Google account
- Click Next.
- Enter the password for your Google account.
- Click Next.
- Click Submit.
You cannot change the email address that you use to log in to your Atlas account after registering.
Login to Your Atlas Account¶
If you already created a MongoDB account using your Google account, sign in to your Google account:
- Navigate to MongoDB Atlas login page.
- Click Log in with Google.
- Follow the prompts to log in using your Google account.
Create an Atlas Organization and Project¶
With your Atlas account, open the organization and its project, and then proceed to Deploy a Free Tier Cluster.