To convert your replica set to a sharded cluster:
- Your cluster must be an
M10or higher cluster.
- You must have
Project Cluster Manageror higher role.
- If it is not already displayed, select the organization that contains your desired project from the Organizations menu in the navigation bar.
- If it is not already displayed, select your desired project from the Projects menu in the navigation bar.
- If the Database Deployments page is not already displayed, click Databases in the sidebar.
If you don't restart the application clients, your data might be inconsistent after Atlas begins distributing data across shards.
- If you are using a DNS Seed List
connection string, your application automatically connects to the
mongosfor your sharded cluster.
- If you are using a standard connection string, you must update your connection string to reflect your new cluster topology.
To learn more, see Connect to a Database Deployment.
To shard the collection whose data you want to distribute, see
sh.shardCollection() for more