Manage Your Multi-Factor Authentication Options¶
Multi-factor authentication provides an additional layer of security for your Atlas account.
Organization Owner enables multi-factor authentication, all members of that
organization must also enable MFA before they can access the
When MFA is enabled, a user must provide their password as well as verification from another mechanism.
Atlas provides the following factors for multi-factor authentication:
- Okta Verify Mobile App
- Google Authenticator
You can enable one or more authentication mechanisms for your account. We recommend that you enable at least two authentication mechanisms in case you lose access to one of them.
Configure Multi-Factor Authentication¶
If you currently have legacy two-factor authentication set up for your account, you must disable it before you set up multi-factor authentication.
To disable legacy 2FA , navigate to your User Preferences panel.
- Click on the dropdown menu labeled with your name in the upper right corner of the Atlas console.
- Click Legacy 2FA in the dropdown menu.
- Click the icon to edit your legacy 2FA settings.
Navigate to the Account Security page.¶
- In the upper-right corner of the Atlas UI, click the dropdown menu labeled with your name.
- Click the Manage your MongoDB Account button.
- Click Security in the left-side navigation.
Select an authentication method.¶
Click the Set up button for your desired authentication method.
Set up an Authentication Method¶
- Download the Okta Verify app to your mobile device.
- Add a new account to the app.
- Scan the displayed bar code.
- Set up another authentication method, or click Skip for Now to complete the setup procedure.
We recommend that you enable at least two authentication mechanisms in case you lose access to one of them.
Remove an Authentication Method¶
To remove an authentication method from your account, click the icon next to the method you want to remove.
You must authenticate with an existing authentication method before removing an authentication method.