Add a User with Oplog Access¶
To access the oplog, a database user must have read access on
local database. To create a user with read access on
- In the Security section of the left navigation, click Database Access.
- Click the Database Users tab.
- Click Add New Database User and enter a
user name such as
- Click Add Default Privileges and select the
readrole and the
localdatabase. This restricts the user to read operations on the
- Enter a password and click Add User.
Access the Oplog¶
- Connect to your cluster with the
mongoshell, using the credentials of the new database user with access to the
Switch to the
> use local
The oplog collection is named
oplog.rs. Database write operations are recorded in date order, with a timestamp field and a wall clock field.
The timestamp field contains an integer with seconds since epoch.