Delete an Online Archive¶
You can delete an online archive through the Atlas UI and API. When you remove an online archive, data on the cloud object storage for the online archive is also deleted. Once deleted, data can't be restored.
If you drop a database and/or collection configured for online archive, the data from the collection, if archived, will continue to be available on the cloud object storage. You will incur costs for storage on the cloud object storage. Alternatively, if you delete the cluster, Atlas deletes all the online archives configured for the cluster. This causes any archived data to also be deleted from the cloud object storage.
If all the online archives are deleted, the Data Lake is also deleted and a new Data Lake is created when you create an online archive again.
Once an online archive is deleted, its state moves to
You can create another online archive for the same database, collection, and
fields as the deleted online archive if there is no other online archive for
the same database, collection, and fields in
Delete an Online Archive from the UI¶
To delete an online archive, in your Atlas UI:
Navigate to the Clusters page for your project.¶
- If it is not already displayed, select the organization that contains your desired project from the Organizations menu in the navigation bar.
- If it is not already displayed, select your desired project from the Projects menu in the navigation bar.
- If the Clusters page is not already displayed, click Clusters in the sidebar.
Navigate to the Online Archive tab for your cluster.¶
- Click the name of the cluster.
- Click the Online Archive tab to view the list of online archives, if any, for the cluster.
Click the ellipsis (
...) in the Actions column for the online archive to display the list of allowed actions.¶
- Pause Archive (only if state is Active)
- Edit Archiving Rule
- Delete Archive
- Resume Archive (only if state is Paused)
Select Delete Archive from the ellipsis menu to display the Delete Online Archive confirmation window.¶
Enter the name of the online archive to delete and click Delete.¶
Delete an Online Archive Through the API¶
To delete an online archive through the API, send a
DELETE request to
the onlineArchives endpoint with the
unique ID of the online archive to delete. To learn more about the API
syntax and options, see Delete an Online Archive.