Migrate or Import Data into Your Cluster¶
You can bring data from existing MongoDB deployments,
into Atlas using either live migration tools where Atlas assists you, or
tools for a self-guided migration of data into Atlas.
- Choose a Data Import and Migration Tool
- Choose between different tools for data import and migration based on common cluster configurations.
- Live Migrate Your Data into Atlas
- Use the Atlas-managed tools to bring data into Atlas. Atlas guides you through the process and ensures the migration can proceed only when all conditions are met.
- Migrate Data with Self-Managed Tools
mongoimport, or MongoDB Compass, to bring data into Atlas. With these tools, you manage the migration process outside of Atlas.