Perform CRUD Operations in Atlas¶
The Data Explorer is Atlas' built-in tool to view and interact with your data. You can use the Data Explorer to:
- Manage Databases and Collections in your cluster.
- Manage Documents in your collections.
- Manage Indexes on your collections.
- Create and run aggregation pipelines to process data in your collections.
- Shard Global Clusters.
Access Data Explorer¶
To access the Data Explorer:
- Click Clusters in the top-left corner of Atlas.
- Click Collections for your desired cluster.
Or, if you are already viewing a specific cluster, select the Collections tab.
Data Explorer Read Behavior¶
Data Explorer reads from the primary unless the primary is unavailable. If the primary is unavailable, Data Explorer reads from a non-hidden, non-delayed secondary member.
Disable Data Explorer¶
Data Explorer is enabled by default. To disable Data Explorer:
Set the Data Explorer toggle to Off.¶
To enable Data Explorer, set the toggle to On.