Serverless Instance Backups¶
Atlas takes snapshots of serverless instances using the native snapshot capabilities of the serverless instances's cloud service provider.
You can't disable backup of serverless instances.
Atlas takes snapshots of serverless instances every six hours.
- You can restore only the two most recent snapshots.
- You can't download serverless instance snapshots.
Custom policies are not supported for serverless instance snapshots. Atlas always takes snapshots every six hours.
If you require finer-grained backups, consider migrating to a dedicated cluster.
- Atlas doesn't support on-demand snapshots for serverless instances.
- You can't restore snapshots from shared clusters, dedicated clusters, or from Cloud Manager to serverless instances.
Access Serverless Instance Snapshots¶
Atlas displays existing snapshots on the Snapshots page.
To view your snapshots:
- Click Databases in the top-left corner of Atlas.
- From the Database Deployments view, click the name of your serverless instance.
- Click the Backup tab.
Atlas displays existing snapshots in the All Snapshots table. From this table, you can restore your existing snapshots.